- Academics & Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Tuition & Aid
- News & Events
Summer Gifted and Talented Program
Summer 2014 Application is available now!
We are pleased to release the official Summer 2014 Application Form with our Summer 2014 Course Descriptions. Families who participated in early registration did not have available course descriptions at the time of enrollment, but may request course switches as necessary, per eligibility.
Summer Program Application materials can be downloaded, printed and then postal mailed only to Dominican University. We do not accept faxed applications, and applications delivered in person will not be prioritized above dated postal mail deliveries.
Applications are reviewed on a weekly and first come, first serve basis, and may take up to 1-2 weeks to approve based on submitted/requested documents.
Summer 2014 Program Dates:
- June 16 - 20
- June 23 - 27
- July 7 - 11
- July 14 - 18
The Summer Gifted and Talented Program at Dominican University serves the academic and social needs of highly motivated gifted and talented students entering grades 2-8 in the Fall. Enriching and challenging instruction is rooted in discovery-based learning, differentiated instruction and assessments, flexible grouping, hands-on activities, real world connections, and individual student evaluations. Class sizes are limited to 16-20 students maximum, with teaching assistants assigned as necessary for additional classroom supervision, management, and instructional planning.
Students are accepted into courses that reflect their demonstrated academic area of strength in math, science, and/or verbal reasoning. Nationally-normed standardized test scores ranked in the 90%ile are pre-qualified for enrollment pending prerequisites or course availability. Students without scores in the 90%ile may apply 1-2 teacher recommendation(s) for consideration. Please download a copy of the form directly from our website, or contact the Program Director/Gifted Office for any questions regarding the teacher recommendation form or admissions process.
To request a school visit or additional program materials, school officials/teachers may contact the Program Director.
Dominican University's Tax ID Number is 36-2167855.
- The Summer Gifted and Talented Program is structured for students who will enter grades 2 through 8 in the Fall.
- Class days begin at 9:30 a.m. and continue until 3:00 p.m. Drop off and Pick-up are at the Igini Sports Forum, which can be accessed from Park Avenue. Campus Map
- Recess, P.E., and computer activities also take place during the class day.
- Students are asked to bring a sack lunch - we will provide a cold drink and a treat.
- For specific questions pertaining to the Summer Gifted and Talented Program, please contact Program Director Janie Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General program questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions