- Academics & Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Tuition & Aid
- News & Events
If you’re a high school student or have some college credits, you can earn your undergraduate degree in a liberal arts discipline along with a professional educator license at Dominican University. For those who do not pursue an education program as undergraduates, there is an option to continue for one-and-a-half to two years after graduation to earn a combined BA/MS degree in Early Childhood or Special Education.
All undergraduate programs meet the licensure requirements of the Illinois State Board of Education. Candidates who plan to teach in other states should consult the licensure requirements for those states and should elect courses within their undergraduate program that meet the special requirements of those states.
You can choose from the following programs:
Bachelor's Degree Programs Leading to Professional Educator License
- Early Childhood Education with Early Childhood Endorsement
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences (liberal arts discipline) with Elementary Endorsement
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences (liberal arts discipline) with Secondary or K-12 Endorsement
Combined Bachelor's/Master's Programs Leading to Professional Educator License
- Bachelor of Arts or Science/Master of Science in Education with Early Childhood Endorsement
- Bachelor of Arts or Science/Master of Science in Special Education with LBS 1 Endorsement
- Bachelor of Arts or Science/Master of Science in Teaching with Elementary, Secondary, or K-12 Endorsement
For a more complete description of the undergraduate program and course of study, please see the Undergraduate Catalog.