- Academics & Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Tuition & Aid
- News & Events
If you’re a high school student or have some college credits, you can earn your undergraduate degree in a liberal arts discipline along with a teaching certificate at Dominican University. For those who do not pursue an education program as undergraduates, there is an option to continue for one-and-a-half to two years after graduation to earn a combined BA/MS degree in Early Childhood or Special Education.
All undergraduate programs meet the certification requirements of the Illinois State Board of Education. Candidates who plan to teach in other states should consult the certification requirements for those states and should elect courses within their undergraduate program that meet the special requirements of those states.
You can choose from the following programs:
- Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences (liberal arts discipline) with elementary certification
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences (liberal arts discipline) with secondary or K-12 certification
Combined Bachelors/Masters Programs
- Bachelor of Arts or Science/Master of Science in Education (Early Childhood Education)
- Bachelor of Arts or Science/Master of Science in Special Education
- Bachelor of Arts or Science/Master of Science in Teaching with elementary, secondary, or special K-12 certification
For a more complete description of the undergraduate program and course of study, please see the Undergraduate Catalog.